Summary of Position
The System Administrator is responsible for handling network designing, organizing, modifying, and supporting VOW’s data center customers as well as network switches, storage, backup systems, installation and support of server deployments. Responsible for hands on support to make sure the data center keeps high up time while maintaining security and protection protocols. This individual should have experience with data center infrastructure and other software tools to keep the data center running efficiently and safely.
Duties/Responsibilities of Position
• Ensure reliability, security, efficiency and cost effectiveness of the company’s internal and external systems at the data center.
• Analyze and determine appropriate layouts of all equipment in the data center
• Monitor all issues and escalate as appropriate for effective resolution
• Manage standards of service levels at all times and manage all available services
• Create and keep documentation and processes up to date so successful server and system deployments Manage our hardware and software assets to ensure that our current and future needs are met.
• Maintain and manage server storage and system resources
• Provide technical support to internal VOW users
• Provide technical support to customers as required. Maximized system availability, security and efficiency and management of a continuous improvement program.
• Complete and up-to-date backup sets and disaster recovery processes
• Support LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet, and intranet systems.
• Ensure design of system allows all components to work properly together.
• Make recommendations for future upgrades.
• Maintain network and system security.
• Analyze and isolate issues.
• Monitor networks to ensure security and availability to specific users.
• Evaluate and modify system’s performance.
• Identify user needs.
• Maintain integrity of the network, server deployment, and security.
• Ensure network connectivity throughout VOW’s LAN/WAN infrastructure is on par with technical considerations.
• Perform network address assignment.
• Assign routing protocols and routing table configuration.
• Assign configuration of authentication and authorization of directory services.
• Maintain network facilities in individual machines, such as drivers and settings of personal computers as well as printers.
• Maintain network servers such as file servers, VPN gateways, intrusion detection systems.
• Administer servers, desktop computers, printers, routers, switches, firewalls, phones, personal digital assistants, smartphones, software deployment, security updates and patches.
• Associates or bachelor’s degree, or equivalent combination of training and experience
• 5+ years of Technical Support experience
• Experience with managing large data center customer base
• Experience with server storage, network architecture and virtualization
• Experience with security and monitoring tools, backups and remote support
• Previous Server Administration and Desktop Support experience
• Operating System experience in the following:
o XP, Vista, Win 7/8, Server 2003, 2008, 2012, SBS, Mac OSX
• Server hardware experience with the following:
o Diagnostics, replacement/upgrades, monitoring
o Intermediate server administration skills with domain configuration and maintenance
o Windows server components, including:
• Active Directory, Group Policy, SQL, & Exchange, RRAS
• Background in business network troubleshooting, implementation, and VPN configuration
• Ability to work with clients remotely with or without Remote Assistance Software
• A+ / Network+ / Microsoft Certifications MCP & MCSA certifications, a plus
• Managed Services or Technology Consulting job experience, a plus
• Automation Experience using VB, PowerShell, or a similar scripting technology, a plus
Virtual OfficeWare (DE), LLC, offers competitive compensation and benefits plans. VOW is an equal employment opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Please apply here!